Thread: Line Combos: Defence (minus Cowen/Gonchar)
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
That's the kind of package you give for Rick Nash, not for Jay Bouwmeester... The 2 players don't really have a great contract but Jaybo's is even worse
Prospects are generally overrated. We actually have too many forwards to likely make our roster. Bouwmeester is a proven quality defenceman. He is always near the top in minutes played in the NHL. I don't think he is great... but great defencemen almost NEVER get traded.. unless their is a big falling out like with Pronger a couple of times.

Nash's contract was far worse and Columbus got proven NHLer's. Look at how much we had to give up to get Methot. A quality 50 point physical your NHLer... Defenceman cost a ton in trade and as UFA's they always get overpaid. IF the Senator's want to get a quality defenceman in trade... IF.. they will have to give up a lot. One of the top 3 forward prospects (Zibanjad, Stone or Silfverberg) and another good B prospect or 2 of them.. like Da Costa.

We need a quality defenceman to get a playoff spot with Cowen out for probably the season (if it happens).

Over the next 2 seasons we will have so many good forward prospects ready to play in the NHL that we will have to move a few of them.

If the Senators want to get an established high quality NHL defenceman then they will need to pay in quality... not a bunch of our 2nd tier prospects. Just my opinion. I am not sold on Bouwmeester I only commented because the idea was in this thread. We do need a true quality NHL defenceman to replace Cowen this season if we want to make the playoffs. I do believe that. We will be terrible if we can't add a quality #2-4 defenceman that can play at least 20 quality minutes.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote