View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 07:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm far from an expert on knee injuries, but I do know that my coworker is going through something similar to McIlrath. He had a dislocated kneecap, which just looked gruesome. The x-rays were horrifying. He has had it drained a couple times and received a few cortisone shots, and just had an arthroscopic procedure done yesterday. He's going to have to go back in for at least two more procedures--a patella realignment (where evidently they cut and move some bones) and then a patella (or patella tendon?) replacement. We have tremendous health insurance and can go pretty much anywhere we want, and he's working with extremely accomplished doctors. And still, there's a ton that goes into it and no quick fix. Setbacks are common.

I have no idea how Dylan's injury compares to this, but I imagine the organization wants to take it extremely slow with him and ensure that his knee is completely healed and recovered. If he pushes it too hard, he could have a lifetime of struggles with the knee and really ruin his career. I really wouldn't mind if he took the next couple months off and tried to come back late in the season. Getting games is critical for his development, but not at the expense of his knee.

It's just pain.