Thread: Proposal: Ott - pit
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

vCash: 500
LOL, big NO from Pittsburghīs side. I mean, idea is maybe there, but Puempel is still a longterm project with some questionmarks and with a lot of work to do. Petersson, who is already 22, is just having a bad year, we donīt need average prospects like him. No way this gets you Despres, who is ready to jump into big league.

This wonīt probably get you neither from Maatta/Harrington/Pouliot/Despres/Dumoulin/Morrow. I mean, Pittsburgh has probably the best future on the blueline in the league, but there is a logical reason for that. Pens know how to develop young D-men and they will need them badly.

Aside from Letang, there is a deep hole in a Pensī defense right now. Orpik and Martin arenīt young anymore and I can imagine they wonīt be in the organization in letīs say 2 years from now. Niskanen is another question mark with his short contract and thatīs pretty much all we have. So, Letang is almost all alone there, so the Pens will probably need at least 3 or 4 of their D-prospects completely ready in 2 years. D-pool is stacked, but they know what they are doing. They wonīt trade more than 1 player from these 6 mentioned and IF they are trading that one player, it will be for a best return possible. Zibanejad and Silfverberg are the only interesting possibilities, otherwise we have nothing to talk about here.

Last edited by Will Hunting: 12-20-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote