View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Melrose Munch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I don't think so. Atlanta's situation is the closest to a real kick job and that was based on stuff I don't think was forseeable in the late 90's. Columbus was worth trying, and Nashville and Minnesota are more or less settled in as NHL franchises to the point that neither is likely to be going anywhere anytime soon.

You have to trust owners to run their franchises properly. In no other way is a franchise going to thrive no matter where you put it. I'm convinced that as long as you're not completely ridiculous, really good ownership can succeed just about anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Well the league picks these ownership groups as well. Maybe if they slowed down and really looked at some of these groups they would have done a better job. They have approved far too many owners that have not been vetted enough in my opinion. Jamison is the latest example and I know they know him from his days in San Jose, but they need to be honest about whether or not he can keep that team actually going. I think the answer is a no, but once again they aren't caring enough.
You cannot justify columbus while leaving Hartford.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote