View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it was exciting for you guys, but I was just disappointed with how Salavat played.
They seemed especially weak on power-plays. During that highly questionable 5-minute penalty Kukumberg received, Salavat Yulayev barely had a shot on Slovan goal. They will never admit it, but I do think they may have been at least slightly disturbed by the infernal whistling of the whole arena throughout the 5 minutes. Slovan's arena doesn't behave like that during ordinary short-handed situations, but because the crowd felt the injustice apparently done against Kukumberg, they let their dismay be heard loud and clear.

Quote:
Rolinek, especially, had a terrible game, for someone playing on the first line.
I think Rolínek may have been trying too hard; see also his bump into Janus. It's likely that Czech players feel the need to "accomplish even more" while playing on Slovak ice, and that effort is not always successful. SKA's Štěpánek gave a particularly horrible performance in Bratislava. (The reverse is also true, whenever Slovaks play against Czech teams.)

Quote:
As for Vondrka, I haven't noticed him during the game at all.
He kept holding on to the puck for long stretches of time, making several great passes. (Including to Sigalet, which was one of Slovan's greatest opportunities to score a goal last night.) Vondrka has clearly been Slovan's top forward this season. Slovan management have said they'd like to compose the team of Slovak players only if possible, but there are exceptions. Vondrka as the only Czech player on Slovan's team, and Sigalet as the only Canadian, have both certainly justified making those exceptions. I hope to see them both playing for Slovan next season as well. (Slovan has already released the Swedish defenceman Printz and the Finnish goaltender Hostikka from their initial KHL contracts.)

Quote:
And for a player with NHL experience, Bartovic was quite underwhelming.
Bartovič has been underwhelming this season, but he seemed much improved last night, actually. Remember he was responsible for getting that shootout attempt in the 1st period, although he failed to convert it. He's likely Slovan's speediest skater, posing a potential threat to the opponents whenever he's on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Kukumberg or another Slovan´s player: you know, russian refs
Clowe (playing from bench): I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have no idea.

I hope you can see difference
You've got to be kidding (or typing this in your sleep), Vorky. Clowe went unpunished by the referees, so how can you quote him in relation to Kukumberg who got ejected from the game probably for something that never happened? Some observers say the foul play may actually have been committed by Kytnár, but because the referees failed to see it, they just picked a random Slovan player (Kukumberg) and punished him for the play, following Salavat Yulayev's protests.

If you want to talk about the Clowe incident, you should ask the LA Kings players and coach who were the injured party in that game. Clowe's reaction was actually embarrassing for a professional hockey player. A respectable reaction would have been, "Yeah, I interfered with the play, but got lucky because the referees didn't see it." (Funnily enough, that referee mistake may have helped the Kings win the Stanley Cup eventually, because they had to start the play-offs as bottom seeds, which turned out to be ideal for them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
same song Riga fans were singing in early KHL years...they thought, that if they put together a team from Latvian players playing in average European teams and would all of a sudden compete for GC.
And who are you talking about, please? Definitely not about Slovan, because both Slovan management and players have repeatedly made it clear, both before and during the season, that they would consider it a success if Slovan simply made the play-offs this season.