View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
If Dumoulin pans out early we could conceivably offer a package along the Lines of Martin, Despres, 1st for a guy like that. Martin would clear most of the salary for Eberle. I wouldn't have a problem with it. Of course we don't know what the CBA or cap will look like either so it's all guesswork for now. But if you're asking would I rather try to work around Martin's 5M contract to keep Letang or Eberle's 6M contract, no contest. Kick Kennedy and his $2M to the curb to make up for it if you have to. There are plenty of guys in our system or FA who could fill Kennedy's shoes for less. Having a guy like Eberle on our Top 6 would take our offense to another level.

As it is, it looks like that winger spot is Bennett's to lose going into next year, if he keeps playing well / developing in the AHL. He's clearly got gifts no other F prospect has in our system so it's just a matter of maturity and physical strength / health sounds like.
Id rather have Eberle's contract then Martin's for sure. But I have a feeling both him and Kennedy will be gone just to keep players like Letang around. I agree its Bennett's to lose and I think he can get the job done. There will be growing pains for sure but that might be the best option for all involved.