View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
To each his own. You can do whatever you want. Keep wearing the tin-foil hat and plugging your ears if it makes you feel better.

Without specific numbers, are you denying that the cap is going to go down and several younger Rangers are going to get raises?

Hearsay? the players share is going from 57% to 50% no matter what happens. Do you think that will make the cap increase? C'mon. Face it, the Rangers are going to be presented with some seriously tough decisions this summer - and Gaborik is the #1 option to clear legitimate cap space, if needed.
I'm not denying the cap won't increase. But I am skeptical of the opinions that it will decrease from 64.3 to 60. Jeremy Jacobs, one of the main hawks behind all this lockout stuff, would be screwing himself. I am not ready to get into the trading gaborik talk when nothing has happened yet. There's no hockey and we are starting, imo, blind trade conversations just like we do when there actually is hockey. Until I read a rumor from a legitimate source I don't subscribe to anything. And you won't hear that rumor until there is a new cba that forces the rangers to do so.