View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Vankiller Whale
Bow down

vCash: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you here. If we don't re-sign Edler then I can definitely get on board with this, but assuming he re-signs we'll have a solid top 4 locked up for the foreseeable future. I think a good bottom six center is much, much more valuable than a strong bottom pairing defenseman, and this is only intensified when you look at the hole we currently have at center.

Also, and more importantly, from watching them both play a couple times this season I've been considerably more impressed with Shore. Just curious, but how much have you watched the two play?
I've probably seen Petrovic play in about 5 games with the Rampage, and I really liked what I swa, although I didn't focus that much on Shore. We just lost Salo, Rome, and Sulzer and only added Garrison. We need more defensive depth, especially if we need to shed Ballard for salary. I think Petrovic's ability to contribute now and his potential in the future would make him good to target, as we have no one who projects like him in our system. I have no problem with Shore, but I am reluctant as bringing in any centre likely means Schroeder will be written off of getting a shot at the NHL.