Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Blues Prospects
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Cole has looked okay on The NHL level for a player within his first 50 games. He's made rookie mistakes and been unpoised at times, but what rookie defenceman playing on a new level doesn't suffer from those issues? Defence on The NHL level takes a lot of time and work to master (much more than forward). It's too hard to judge how a young rookie defenceman will play throughout a career when looking just at his early transition period. Some very good NHL D-men didn't mature into their solid, poised NHL game until age 26. Let's give him some time. He's got good size and good tools (decent skill). I think he'll be a solid #3 NHL D-man for much of his career.
You can win a Calder and still end up as a number 3/4 guy apparently. However Ij uts don't see it in Cole either. It's not even rookie mistakes but just hockey mistakes in general. Everytime he steps on the ice I fear for a penalty taken. In 42 NHL games he has 57 PIM. If the season does start I hope we trade him in a package for a real defender to come back.

What I'm saying is he may have the tools, but he doesn't have the IQ of an NHL player.