Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Washington
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
HockeyTS32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Regardless, you cannot deny that Johansson was in a prime position after Backstrom went down. He was given the best minutes of all the centres on his team. A team that featured some of the leagues best wingers.

And yes, Johansson scored at about twice hte pace of Backlund. However, like I said before, Johansson got much much better minutes. Pump up Backlund's non PK ice time by 50% and throw him on a line with Semin or Ovechkin instead of Calgary's energy line, and I guarantee Backlund's numbers would improve.

Sorry I'm just not sold on Johansson. I think he's a good prospect, but not worth giving up Glencross for. He has potential, but not to be the #1 centre the Flames need. The Flames don't need another borderline second line centre at the cost of Glencross.
I think you need to get your facts right. From what I remember Johansson played wing most of the year, if not the whole year. I believe Laich and Perrault were number one and two center most of the year when Backstrom was out. And if Johansson did play center during the season (donít believe he did), it was on the 2nd or 3rd line. He even got moved down to the third and fourth lines at times during the season.
I would also like to agree with what one person above me said with regards to the PP.

HockeyTS32 is offline   Reply With Quote