View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Substance over form, It doesnt matter where they play. Zadorov had a great showing with the team and regardless of his age is as physically mature as any of them. He is as steady as a rock back there and I feel they might be lacking that especially with no Naumenkov. In fact, I am not a huge fan of Mironov, he is somewhat of a liability defensively. Nesterov is a massive liability defensively but he makes up for it with his offense. And Zadorov is way better than the likes of Koledov or Vasilevski at the very least..... I can see Yakimov left off because he is a younger guy but not Zlobin, no way. Take him over Kapustin any day of the week. He plays a clever game, I feel the team has a lot of speedsters and snipers but who is the premier playmaker? Zlobin is very good in that department and is responsible defensively as well.... I don't trust Slepyshev yet, I don't either, not going to be at the same form as the other guys.
I think Varnakov was talking about maturity of players and ability to adjust tactically and follow specific directions (like the Pros). 2 years makes a huge difference, and despite the skill set and size this defense his choices make sense. Someone like Koledov has that much more experience at a pro level following a specific game assignment, than someone who might be bigger and better but has trouble adjusting.. When the team is too young it'll be susceptible to crazy rollercoaster games like we saw last year with Canada. This year it should be more stable and the ability to hold a lead too.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote