View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 03:42 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I had very little hope of a January 1 starting date...it made no sense. The PA and NHL have dragged this thing out this long, they are clearly going wait until the last possible moment here, IMO. That means an argument by Jan 10-14 with a January ~20-24 starting date. Those are the season deadlines, that's when we'll see any kind of progress or not.

I still cannot believe we miss the season this year. It doesn't make sense. This isn't like last lockout, it's not a philosophical debate. They have been talking all along, unlike last time when they did not talk at all pretty much until the drop dead date...it just shouldn't be happening like this
I understand where the owners are coming from.......they do not believe the current system is sustainable financially and want a better CBA and are willing to lock out the players and damage the game to get what they want/need.

For the players In some ways I think this is still about the last CBA negotiation. Itís the only way I can make sense of it.....players got embarrassed (I guess???) and armed themselves (Fehr) for a ďdo overĒ.

I "THINK" (but who knows) their primary drivers are pride, emotion, and PRECIEVED fairness? In their collective hearts I think they truly believe they got bent over last time (even though they won out in the end) and enough is enough.

I don't think itís about the money or this would have been done by now.

I think they we a very real chance of not getting to a deal which is mind numbing.