Thread: Proposal: Setoguchi's value
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 04:47 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
I would do something around a Setoguchi/Braun swap with San Jose without thinking twice.

Given Phoenix's depth on the back end, I would also be interested in a lot of what that organization has to offer. Granted, you'd have your players not at all on the table from PHX's side, a couple who would need to garner more than just Setoguchi himself, and a few unproven prospects. But I think these two teams would make suitable trading partners.

Pretty crazy difference between the perception and realities of Heatley's game. He was by far the Wild's top player last year. And when all the injuries and hardship hit, he stood out even more as a leader. He's one of the last players I'd want to see moved off this roster. I don't think the Wild will have any troubles floating Heatley's cap number for the duration of his deal and I think he's a player the Wild will look to retain once his deal is up as well.

Setoguchi is pretty much on the other end of the spectrum over his short tenure in Minnesota, from my perspective.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote