View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
They didn't pick the flashiest player, they picked Canada's best defensemen today. A minus is irrelevant, anyone who watched the game would say Rielly and Hamilton were worse defensively? Are you disputing this or are you just listing stats?

And Murphy didn't start as the 7th defensemen. I don't know why TSN listed him as that, it was clear Wotherspoon was the 7th defensemen.
So I guess I guy who got Canada's first goal of the game and was a strong defensive presence isn't better than a guy who had some good puck pressure and control but ultimately led to nothing productive offensively.

I don't know why your goal would be to have a player not as bad as another player defensively. They were worse defensively in terms of giving up quality chances, but if you seriously think that this is the way Murphy should play on a good day then you are selling him short. I am not satisfied with any of the defenders game today except maybe Reinhart and you shouldn't be either.

Btw, he did start as the 7th dman. Harrington and Ouellet went out on the first shift, than Rielly and Hamilton and than Reinhart and Wotherspoon. Murphy rotated with Wotherspoon after and then the D pairings change. Look at the game again.

Last edited by Atomos2: 12-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.