View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 04:55 PM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
I think it goes both ways-The owners may have underestimated Fehr (though if they had done their homework they shouldn't have), but I Fehr also is rather how "old boys club" the owners actually are, and seems at times stunned at how absolutely stubborn they are-I do think he went in thinking "they wouldn't dare lose another season after record revenues", and I think Fehr is a little surprised to see how close the brink they actually are-IMO I think Fehr thought this would have been playing hockey late Nov at the latest.

With MLB it was easier-"America's game" ect, ect-and he had more US fan leverage-he doesn't seem to understand the Canadian fans, and, more importantly IMO-he struggles with the-for most part-apathy from the US fan base-he hasn't been able to use it as leverage as he did with MLB.

My total speculation anyway
The bolded part I don't agree with.
I really think this January 15th deadline by the league to start a meaningful 48-game season has been floating around for way too long for Fehr not to catch wind of it early on.

The question now is who will blink first. Everything up to this point was mere posturing from both sides.
Eliotte Friedman said it best in his tweet on the cancellation of games through January 14th:
"Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end. "