Old
12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
The only real need I see the Coyotes have is a center. We have a plenty of wing and defense depth. I would be looking for anyone from top line to 3rd line depending on the deal. Some of the players I would be most interested in if I were GMDM are Krejci or Peverley from Boston, Pavelski, Laich, Brandon Sutter, Stepan, one of the Staal brothers (just a pipe dream lol), Zajac, Filppula, Collin Wilson, Backes or Steen, and Grabovski as far as established NHLers go. Some of those players are far out of reach for us because of the other teams needs but those would be players I would target.

I know in past posts I have allowed myself to accept something around players that I felt were less qualified but felt that overall it did help the team such as Bailey and Grabner or Gagner and Yakupov for whomever. Not to say that any of those players are bad or not worthy, but purely from a manager building a club that can win year after year and be able to try to win the Stanley Cup multiple times, not just once and then fall down the charts. It makes sense to get a 2nd line center and a player who has a high probability to score at least 25 goals a season. I'll roll 3 2nd line centers and 6 2nd line wingers who can score at an average rate and play average defense every day of the week. Have top 5 goaltending and blue liners to go with that? We would compete every year.
Good luck getting Backes out of St Louis

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote