View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Canada4Gold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
That didn't happen this year in Division IA. If you look at the results, you will see that up until the last day it was a toss-up between Norway, Denmark or Belarus for promotion. Those teams were all relatively equal in skill, and are probably of similar calibre to Germany and Latvia. While they didn't have much trouble with Austria or France, the scores of those games are probably a lot closer than they would have been if it was Denmark playing Canada again. Their games against each other are far more competitive. And with only one team getting promoted and relegated each year, it means a team like Latvia can stay in the top division for a couple years and experience playing Canada a couple times, gaining said experience, rather than losing 10-0 once and going back down for a year or two.

The current system works well. You can't add anymore teams to the top level because these teams would get blown out each time. And it would totally destroy the lower levels, which the IIHF has finally fixed with their new system of promotion and relegation.
My point was these teams aren't improving beating teams they always beat.

I don't care if they keep it at 10 but if 8 teams make the playoffs is almost renders the group stage pointless for the top teams. My point was they should raise it to 12 if they raise the playoffs teams to 8. I'd prefer if they kept it at 6 and 10

Canada4Gold is online now   Reply With Quote