View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I said they have a better pool because of Brendan Smith. We happen to disagree on value of guys like Ferraro, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, etc. I think that Nyquist and Jarnkrok are good prospects, just like on our end Kassian and Jensen are good prospects. I think that Mrazek is a good prospect just like I think Cannata is a good prospect. I think that Ouellet is a good prospect just like Corrado is. I think that Sproul will be a middling AHL defenseman, just like Connauton.

I also think that Canucks have done well in signing free-agents to make up for missing 2010 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. Tanev, Lack and Archibald have filled those holes quite well, in my opinion.

Why do we disagree on Tatar, Sheahan, Ferraro and Jurco? What have I said that is different for these prospects than you have?

Ok, when noting equivalents, notice that you have matched players across pools while excluding the four listed above? Who are their equivalents in the Canucks pools. Meaning, let's say we agree that the players you list as equals are equals (for sake of argument). What are the equals to the others? Is it Archibald and Rodin? Mallet? etc...

Then, after that, we are still missing guys like Jarnkrok, Frk, Athanasiou, Tvrdon, Backman, Almqvist, Quine and Jensen... That's a lot more depth than VAN, so you can see why people see their pool as being much better.