View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Then, after that, we are still missing guys like Jarnkrok, Frk, Athanasiou, Tvrdon, Backman, Almqvist, Quine and Jensen... That's a lot more depth than VAN, so you can see why people see their pool as being much better.
Do you really think I have time to sit here and put together a comparison of 20-25 prospects? Just off the top of my head, Jensen could be compared to Price. Quine could be compared to Mallet. Almqvist is worse than McNally. Tommernes is comparable to Backman. Tvrdon and Anthanasiou are completely unspectacular prospects with whole ton of issues, let's say Archibald and Friesen. Jurco will likely be their Rodin in a few years.

Tatar is a guy I'll have trouble finding a comparable for that you'll like but I also happen to think he's an AHLer for life.

And honestly, I didn't think about this much. I would rank someone like Mallet as having higher potential than Quine, yet I compared them. I think McNally is in a different tier than Almqvist. In fact, I think Almqvist is a pretty boring prospect given his size and average offensive game.

I think a whole bunch of these guys are overrated solely because they're Detroit prospects or because at one point they had great promise in junior that they never lived up to since.

Last edited by Tiranis: 12-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.