Thread: Value of: Plekanec, Eller & DD
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post
Why did this subject switch to goalies for a whole page and a half when it was actually supposed to be about Montreal's centers ?

Back on track, in the future, it would be most likely that Plekanec or Desharnais would be traded with the upcoming Galchenyuk, but that might not be before another year.

While Desharnais plays a major role in the 1st line's success with the good chemistry he has with Pacioretty, I'd surely give Desharnais another shot next year to show it wasn't a fluke.

Although Plekanec is an asset at the moment and we can't afford to let him go yet, I believe Eller is bound to become an upgrade of Plekanec by being as good in two-way plays, adding a physical aspect that Plekanec doesn't have.

In that regards, I'd believe that most likely Plekanec would be the one to set place for Galchenyuk.

Saad + Teravainen + Johns for Plekanec ? Why not, that seems to be a fair deal. I just wouldn't do it right away.

Let's wait the next training camp to see where Galchenyuk is at in his progression and include someone like Gallagher in the equation. That might form us a young competitive 3rd line... If you add Teravainen, we might have quite a skilled line ahead.
I can't see Chicago offer up 3 of their best prospects and not give up any salary. Also, I don't see TT being as good a fit in MTL as he would be in CHI, we have plenty of small talented fwds and CHI has enough grit with talent to insulate his one real weakness (size)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote