View Single Post
Old
12-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Sounds like Brookins is done with MMA. Didn't rule out a return in the future but this doesn't sound like a guy who is fighting anytime soon....

Quote:
"I think I just talked myself out of really wanting it. I don't know if I talked myself out of it or if I really don't want it anymore. That made it tough to keep going and to fight last weekend. I didn't really have much fight left in me. I kind of hit a dead end.

I definitely had my mind on other things I wanted to do and pursue. I just stopped believing in the fight business and stopped believing in what it was I was even doing. I just didn't quite understand. There wasn't much that I wanted about that (Poirier) fight."

"I think I was ready to go to India and learn something else. Pursuing this sport with the mindset that I have is counterproductive. It didn't make sense. Mindset is everything. If this is what I'm going to do with the rest of my life it can't just be a circular argument. It can't just be about nothing. This quest to be a fighter has gotten to be frivolous, to be the wrong pursuit. I know it can be pursued the right way, but I know I'm not anywhere close to it. I'm not really down to live this temporary, right-now way of life."
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/20/3...himself-headed

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote