Thread: Value of: Jason Demers to Minnesota
View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Ovechkid08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I'd be willing to deal Boyle now for something around Setoguchi.

And no offense to you, but from what it sounds like, you haven't watched Demers at all. Pretty much everything you said is wrong aside from not going against top competition, but what do you expect with Boyle and Burns in front of him. Last year was an off-year because of an injured off-season and having Colin White as a partner. He was a #4 borderline #3 in the playoffs the year before.
Thats exactly why I think my opinion is controversial, I have seen more Sharks games live then Wild games over the past few years and Demers is a solid 4th defensmen just like I consider Spurgeon, but neither player would be nearly effective playing a higher or lower role. Demers is smooth enough with the puck to hold an NHL job but he just doesn't show enough skill to be a consistent Playoff d man IMO just like I don't consider Spurgeon to be a long term D man for a contending team. The bottom pairing has a very important role in the playoffs and Demers doesn't fulfill the necessities of the Wild now or for the foreseeable future and he isn't more than the smallest of upgrades on the current top 4 so I personally wouldn't be interested in a trade for him.

He certainly holds great value for a middling team that is looking for defenseman but in the long term I don't think he has a trade worthy value for the Wild.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote