View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I would like to have a 12 teams tournament with 8 teams making it to the medal round, I've never been a fan of the 6 teams playoffs.

Regarding the blowouts issue, Denmark, Norway and Belarus are not worse than Germany and Latvia, it's not like an expansion would add a much weaker team to the tournament. The lower divisions would be fine too, last week division IA tournament would have featured Denmark, Slovenia, Austria, France, Poland and Kazakhstan, not a unbalanced list of teams.
It wouldn't add a much weaker team, but it would add more weaker teams. I don't see the benefit for anybody when big guys run over these guys.

The only reasonable way would be an eight team bye to the round robin. Then have the extra six or whatever countries play a preliminary round to see the top two advance.

In that case you'd have....

USA
Canada
Russia
Slovakia
X

Czechs
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland
X

Prelim round

Germany
Latvia
Denmark
Norway
Belarus
Slovenia

Of course the question is, can you get all those players released for extra games? I don't know. But I don't see the reason to have Canada play Germany and Denmark or Russia play Latvia and Norway. Those games are wasted.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote