View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
If I was just going by games, I'd put Subban right back in and make him really force me to take the #1 job away from him. The exhibition game against Finland he was just "adequate"... can't fault him for the 5-on-3 goals, plus he generally played well overall during all the shorthanded time. The 3rd goal was weak - but I think in an "adequate" game for Canada they should be able to get away with one goal against that the goalie could have/should have had. There wasn't enough support this game for them to get away with that.

If Subban gets himself in the right groove, he's the best goalie for Canada, easily, and one of the 3 best in the tournament. It's worth making the investment now to try to make that happen.

That said, there are other observations to go on way beyond the game results. You can watch him and the other goalies in practices and off the ice, maybe there are nerves or other issues that would come in. There's still time to make a small attempt at investing in getting Subban going. But it's an awfully short tournament, and not much time to do that.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote