View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Atomos2
The Center of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. You go on (Again) brining up the -1 which really makes me think you didn't watch it. They talked about it on the broadcast, Wotherspoon screwed up and Subban let in a softie that he should have stopped. The people who's opinion matter thought he was the best.

I may feel like it? Well my opinion doesn't matter, nor does yours. On the other hand, the coaches who picked player of the game think he did.

And no, it's not proof. I'm serious, why the **** do you think those are official Team Canada lineup cards (First of all, they do not have lineup cards, they dress players and scratch others, you will never get full lines published)? Give me a reason besides repeating the same bull over and over. Those are NOT official. They mean as much as the incorrect jersey numbers this thread had in the first post. Murphy was clearly not the 7th defensemen during the game, and not just later on, but right off the bat.

No just a guy who's been hating on Murphy for a long time and saying he sucks when he's had good games for about as long. I just ignore him now, no use arguing with him.
And you know this how? These are international competitions, show me proof if it's exact as you say it is. I've shown you proof and you denied it, so show me. After all, no one can take your assessments of Murphy seriously because of your bias.

Murphy had a good performance in terms of puck possession. He did not create many scoring chances on his own, but he ended up passing off to others that created good scoring chances and he held the puck a good deal and evaded defenders. He had a few giveaways and made a few bad decisions trying to skate his way through the opposing Finnish defence who were using their trap formation to clog up the neutral ice. He was guilty of holding the puck too long couple of times for my viewpoint, but they did not materialiaze into anything except maybe a few tense moments where it looked like he lost the puck.

One of the better canadian defenders. Yes. The best canadain defender. I'd argue against that. The most noticeable canadian player? I'd say aside from RNH and Mackinnon, then most definitely. He played well in that regard.

I don't know if it is your intention to make me dislike Murphy, but I like him. I hope he does well in this tournament along with every other Canadian player. However, this type of personal victory at the expense of the team losing such that he looks better by comparison is not what I want and shouldn't be what you want either.

Last edited by Atomos2: 12-21-2012 at 08:54 AM.