View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Honeycutt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I decided to reverse my way of thinking about this.

I pretty much think now that irreparable damage has been done. At this point, I am going to sit back, and enjoy watching them crash and burn this thing into the ground. They will get exactly what they deserve.

Then, when the board of governors or whatever you want to call the head clowns finally come to the inevitable conclusion that you need hockey people to run a hockey league, not lawyers, and fire Bettman and his cronies and hire someone who actually has a passion for hockey as opposed to financial accumulation and who has at least a resemblance to a human personality (you know with a sense of humor, empathy, altruism and those other things long lost to the business community), then I will be back. There will be a sense of renewal for the league, there won't be teams in the desert anymore, and all will be merry. Same for the lemm...I mean players. How you can be head of a hockey players' union and never having played the game of hockey (at least to my knowledge) is beyond me.

Get rid of these idiots and give the sport back to hockey people. I'm sure there are plenty who could do it extremely well.
Bettman has been in the league for 20 years, pretty sure that makes him a hockey guy.