Thread: Post-Game Talk: WJC U20 Championship Game
View Single Post
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
i thought skjei looked great. excited to see this as a full team and i think skjei has a real good chance of making this team, if nothing else as the 7th d-man.

gostisbehere was impressive to me too, not so much because of the goal and his skill, but because he looked SO much more responsible in his own end than i've ever seen him at union. his big criticism among union fans and scouts i've read is that he makes a lot of dumb mistakes in his own end and when he has to make a decision on pinching/joining the rush he does it 9/10 times. yesterday he was playing real responsibly and only got caught out of position once in the game.

i really like this team. galchenyuk looked amazing and if he gets to go up against 2nd pairings i think he's gonna be tearing it up in the tourney
Agree on Skjei. Great skater. Covers the man with ease, uses his stick out front (very McD like). He jumps into the play at smart times and has the size to clear the crease. Also, his passes are tape to tape consistently. Based on this game he should make this team. Let's see what he does tomorrow.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote