View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
San Jose, Washington, Philly, Chicago, Ottawa, Florida, Toronto, Edmonton and a few others I seem to be forgetting are all playoff teams, or in the case of Edmonton and Toronto, possible playoff teams without upgrading in net. I don't see all of them standing pat in net if we have even close to all of them in a play off position. The deadline may not be so fruitless.
It's just my opinion, but we aren't talking about an add on for a cup run. Luongo is a major piece with a high price tag. I think if a team is seriously considering him, it would need to be for a full season. I think you can scratch Philly (Bryz) Wash (2 good young goalies) and Ottawa (very happy with their goalies) off of the list. FLA would be interested if the deal is soft and salary goes back. Edm may be interested...not sure how much but i think it would be a good fit. Chicago seems obvious, but with the divisional thing who knows. SJ....not sure what they'd be willing to give, but the fit is good.As for TO, i think Burke stands pat in a shortened season and waits for the offseason.

Again, a trade deadline deal for a guy with 9 years left....maybe, but unlikely.