Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Washington
View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 11:06 AM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Considering that he's not as good as Laich and he's cheaper than him, I think that pretty much fits exactly the description I gave him. "A poor man's Laich."
As the Gleninator mentioned, Glencross has been the better player of the last two years.

As for your description of Glencross as a "poor man's" Laich, because he costs less, that's pretty meaningless in a cap world. In the cap world value is paramount. Glencross is much much better value and, therefore, holds more worth.

Let me put it this way. If we'd moved Backlund to the top line, and he'd put up 40 points last year, would you be all over a Laich+ deal for Backlund....probably not. How would you respond to a thread calling Laich garbage, and saying there's no possibility Flames fans would trade Backlund for Laich?

At the end of the day, playes like Glencross and Laich are always more valuable to their own teams, because they do all the small jobs across so many lines. With Glencross' current contract, there's just no chance we're moving him for anything short of a package towards a bonifide top line player.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote