View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, you have to put my post in context, as I was replying to a poster that seems to want him to represent a country he seemingly doesn't have any interest in representing.
What I mean is that he doesn't possess US citizenship, nor do his parents or any other relatives as he's said there'd be no point in becoming the first US citizen in the family.
It's not like he's danced around which country he'd want to represent either, so I just don't see why he'd end up playing for the US like the poster was insinuating.
No citizenship and seemingly no interest likely means no chance.

It's a weird situation for sure, but it's his right I guess, as he likely only has citizenship in one country and that's Canada since Belgium does not grant citizenship by birth.
first off, until I hear the words come out of Day's mouth I wont believe a cent of him not playing for the US... and not from scouts or some website...out of his mouth..

secondly, when you talk about no reason to play for the US, look no further then Tyler Myers who had NO REASON to play for Canada. No family there, wasnt born there, just moved there "because of his father's job" like you stated. Yet, he decided that his heart was with Canada. and oh yeah, thats after the fact that he represented the US in international play prior to his decision.

I get to see Day play, and I really havent heard anything about him representing Canada once at the rink. I am not saying that he wont, but I just do not see how closed and shut case this is according to some on here. I think there is more to it then you claim, as this kid has two options to him one of which makes the most sense (USA) as he has been here for a while..the citizenship is an issue, but one that could be worked around I am sure.

Whatever choice he makes is 100% fine with me, but I do not think it is 100% Canada at all at this point.