View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
I never said they were official lineup cards. But when one national website displays a lineup and one international website displays the exact same lineup, you have to admit there is an overlapping theme. Unless you can show me evidence of the contrary (like a website that shows an alternate lineup) aside from just looking with our eyes and guessing/assuming if Murphy is the 7th dman or not, why should I take your word on it?

By your theory, Ellis wasn't the 7th dman back in the day either and neither was Subban or Pietrangelo or Beaulieu. You can make good arguments for all of them but it doesn't change the fact that they are initially slotted as the 7th dman. You seem intelligent so I know you know what I am saying is reasonable and you are just choosing to ignore it. It's your choice, you can desperately believe Murphy is a mainstay on that third pairing with Reinhart, but you won't get me to change my opinion, especially when those same experts on TSN that you said were so complimentary of Murphy's game yesterday have him slotted as the 7th dman.
I couldn't find game time stats, but it looked to me like Murphy was playing a regular shift out there. I wonder what his time on ice was compared to Wotherspoon. The game had so many penalties though, who knows what Spott's intentions were for pairings when the tournament starts. He was still juggling combos last game and will likely do so in the next tune up game as well. Why argue over who is the sixth or seventh D when it may not even be settled yet for the coach?