View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I couldn't find game time stats, but it looked to me like Murphy was playing a regular shift out there. I wonder what his time on ice was compared to Wotherspoon. The game had so many penalties though, who knows what Spott's intentions were for pairings when the tournament starts. He was still juggling combos last game and will likely do so in the next tune up game as well. Why argue over who is the sixth or seventh D when it may not even be settled yet for the coach?
http://bigdata.lahtis-enterprises.co...850fbd2becbe3b

I don't know about regular shift in terms of consistency, but Spott did play him on a lot. I saw him out a lot when we were down a goal, which makes sense, since he was playing better than a lot of the d. I personally couldn't careless how the defence is slotted, as long as Canada wins, which didn't happen.

I find a lot of value in Murphy as the seventh dman, only in the sense that when we need a goal like yesterday, we can slot him anywhere into the line up and because of his individual puck possesion skills rushes where he can bring the puck up the ice, he has the ability to be with any defensive partner and still be just as effective even with Rielly, while still not disrupting the other lines. Even if he is not 7th dman like, I'm glad Spott is using Murphy efficiently in several different scenarios and partners. If he ends up finding good chemistry with someone, I'm all for it.