View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Just for the fun of it, I made Province teams for Sweden too. I went with first listed team on NHL.com, one can dispute a few.

Norrland (North appr. only 1 mill. inhabitants but great many teams)

Sedin Sedin Zetterberg
Lander Bäckström Omark
Holmström Lindström Silfverberg
Påhlsson Johan Larsson Harju (2 not really NHL)

Edler Enström
Hedman A. Larsson
Rundblad Erixon

Lindbäck
Markström

Götaland and South (Gothenburgh, Malmö)
Eriksson Johansson Alfredsson
Steen Nyquist Stålberg
Ullström J. Andersson Tedenby
Pääjärvi Klingberg (AHL) Brunnström

OEL Strålman
Hjalmarsson Grossman
Lilja A. Almquist (AHL)

Lundqvist
Lehner

Svealand (Stockholm and middle of Sweden)

Landeskog Berglund Franzen
Hagelin Wandell Hörnqvist
Huselius Kruger Samuelsson
Backlund Bergfors Zibanejad (Centre, but he can cope)

Kronwall Gunnarsson
Tallinder Murray
Oduya Ericsson

Hedberg
Gustavsson

I think Götaland comes out a bit flat, they got Lundqvist in goal (ok backup on the odd games too) but no line or pairing which stand out.

Svealand got the skill and grit on both the two first pairings. Good lines overall and I would say that the first line is a really legit first line.

Hedberg/Gustavsson in goal, I think we got a 1a&b situation here. It is ok, but not great.

Norrland got an even better first line but a weak bottom 6. On the other side all 6 D-men are good enough to make some damage (ok bottom pairing is weak, but they so they all are). Lindbäck with Markström as backup might be a question-mark (weakest goalie situation of the three perhaps), but I think it is ok even if not great. Impressive that you can get this team with so little population as a base.

So where would these "provinces" slot in among the Canadian ones?
Just for the fun of it yeah, but this idea in a philosophical kinda way put Sweden on par with Canada in terms of hockey talent and that is just a crime against the game man. Fact is that Canadas different provinces would enrichen international hockey if they competed on their own, and that is not the case from other countries.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote