View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Evander Kane tweeted a picture of himself holding stacks of money and pretending to call Mayweather in Vegas. Some of the Winnipeg press are making a mountain out of a molehill imo, with calls for Kane to be traded or kicked out of the NHLPA. 21 yr old Kane is immature. But, you don't trade a developing stud because he still needs to grow up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...HaKn1cnnNivLYF
Who's better than the Winnipeg media?

Among the unamused was Mike Stubbs of 1290 CJBK in London, Ontario, who's the radio voice of the London Knights. So steamed that he thinks Kane should be kicked out of the NHLPA.

Makes you wonder about Stubbs' position on Tyler Bozak repeatedly tweeting pictures of himself in blackface, and whether that, too, should be grounds for removal from the players' association? You'd think minstrel-y would be more offensive than a guy having a lot of money, but then I'm not Mike Stubbs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012/...witter-picture
Winnipeg's race problem with Evander Kane
By TJ Maughan on Dec 21, 11:00a
It wasn't long after the photo was posted on Twitter that the backlash reared its ugly head. Comments towards Kane painting him as the scum of the earth flowed venomously, they as ill-placed and ironic as what Tweeters claimed to be his greatest transgression.

And over what? A picture?

It's not like Kane got intoxicated at a night club, hoped behind the wheel of his slick BMW and put pedal to the floor, damn the consequences -- hello Ondrej Pavelec! And so, there I sat, jaw dropped in bewildered amazement, contemplating how the Winnipeg Sun and Winnipeg Free Press could make so much fuss over what should have been a non-story.
It would've been a non-story had there not been this NHL lockout, which exists because of a dispute between the owners and players over MONEY. Bad timing on his part to have that picture taken of him. So, actually, it is "news-worthy" because that picture of Evander Kane and his stacks of cheddar doesn't conform to the "woah is the NHLPA" image the PA has attempted to create.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is online now   Reply With Quote