View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk94 View Post
When did I ever promote a fast food diet? I said you can fit junk in your diet, as long as it fits in your required macros and are hitting your caloric and protein requirement. Your diet can't be comprised of a whole lot of junk if you do that
Yes, but this whole ''debate'' started by saying cardio is the most important aspect of training, not nutrition. I said nutrition is the most important aspect, by far, about 80% ahead. For some reason, you argued against it without realizing you actually agreed with me.
You keep talking about controlled portions and reaching your caloric requirements. That is what nutrition is. You said you can eat junk food and still get gains (hinting that cardio is what will make you lose weight, not nutrition). I said sure, but it has to be a very limited amount of junk food throughout your week.

Basically, eat well, cheat once in a while during the week. That is the key. Then comes the exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk94 View Post
I think you mean 200, not 20.

It's why most people supplement with whey. It's fast, easy, cheap and convenient.
He meant 2000+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I don't want to get into it, but it's precisely that simple. The calories burnt during digestion are basically negligible, not a significant difference here.

These are the three basic tenants. It makes no difference if you get 200 calories from an ice cream sandwich or a chicken sandwich. Providing you are lifting and getting the desired calories, whether that be a surplus or deficit.
Well actually no. You are no longer just talking about calories, now you're talking about insufficient macros. Your ice cream sandwich will bring you close to no protein and fat, or very little, but have plenty of carbs. A chicken sandwich will be a more well balanced meal.

Moral of the story, junk food is not the epitome of evil for food. That's grossly exaggerated, however, it doesn't mean eating donuts in the morning, pizza for lunch and KFC at night, is good. You need your macros in line. At that point, sure, if you want to respect your calorie requirements by eating fast food alone, it won't change much. If we bring up the health issue, then it's a whole other story.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote