View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Burke should want Luongo in a landscape where he is seen as the prime suitor. That's the offseason. If it gets to the season, a lot more factors can impact his position, so why would he want the added variables? The table is set for him to get a deal done now. It's up to him to recognize it.
Burke may want Luongo to save his job but I don't think that means it's what is best for the organization. All Luongo does is bring them to respectability - he doesn't make them a serious contender.

If a new GM took over the reins right now for Burke do you think he should move quality young assets to acquire a 34 year old goaltender? I know it's not something I would look at if the goal was to build a championship calibre team. The building blocks simply aren't in place and all Luongo does is hurt the franchises ability to bring in those type of talents.

You bring in a Luongo before the season starts and run the risk of Jay Feaster'ing the organization. The race for 8th mentality just isn't the right one IMO.

Hopefully Burke feels pressured into paying a hefty price for Luongo. However, that doesn't make it the right play.