View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 03:47 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Day himself (via Twitter) has been very vocal that he is Canadian and that it's his dream to play for Team Canada. Unless his parents have obtained or are in the process of obtaining US citizenship, Day wouldn't be eligible to even start the process on his own until he was 18. So unless he acquires citizenship through his parents being naturalized, he wouldn't even have a choice to make if he's still a high end player in 3 years. And the US government isn't going to give him citizenship because he's a really good 14-year old hockey player.

It sucks because USAH has developed him but that's how it goes. We have had more than our fair share go our way.
what I pretty much meant to say was..

I will believe it when I hear it come out of his mouth or his parents mouth, 3 years down the road at a rink when he has to be locked in to a country. I simply do not buy what is being said right now, I just dont. Way too much time for a reverse Tyler Myers here.

The only other thing I want to say about this is that he and his family are smart. He wants to get exceptional status to play in the OHL...so common sense says he has to say "I am 100% Canadian" for that to happen..Americans do not get exceptional status...so again, though I dont buy any of this 100% Canadian stuff, this kid is going to play the game and there will be a battle for him.