View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 05:00 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
what I pretty much meant to say was..

I will believe it when I hear it come out of his mouth or his parents mouth, 3 years down the road at a rink when he has to be locked in to a country. I simply do not buy what is being said right now, I just dont. Way too much time for a reverse Tyler Myers here.

The only other thing I want to say about this is that he and his family are smart. He wants to get exceptional status to play in the OHL...so common sense says he has to say "I am 100% Canadian" for that to happen..Americans do not get exceptional status...so again, though I dont buy any of this 100% Canadian stuff, this kid is going to play the game and there will be a battle for him.
Says who? American and Canadian players get treated the exact same by the OHL, they enter the same draft and there are no limits on American players per team or anything. There's even American teams in the league. People mistake that it hasn't happened yet so it can't happen.

Read the quote I posted above, for him to play for the US you're forcing his dad to go out and get citizenship he doesn't want. That's why I don't get the debate. I know you're holding out hope that he'll play for the US and I'd probably do the same thing if the situation was reversed but honestly I don't think we should bother talking about Canada/US unless Sean shows some inclination to play for the US when he's literally shown zero at this point.