View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Says who? American and Canadian players get treated the exact same by the OHL, they enter the same draft and there are no limits on American players per team or anything. There's even American teams in the league. People mistake that it hasn't happened yet so it can't happen.

Read the quote I posted above, for him to play for the US you're forcing his dad to go out and get citizenship he doesn't want. That's why I don't get the debate. I know you're holding out hope that he'll play for the US and I'd probably do the same thing if the situation was reversed but honestly I don't think we should bother talking about Canada/US unless Sean shows some inclination to play for the US when he's literally shown zero at this point.
how many Americans have ever asked or gotten exceptional status?

going out on a limb here and will say 0... end discussion.

also, how much interest did Tyler Myers show Canada before his jump?? or same with Jamie Oleksiak? these kids dont need some long history or track record to prove their choices...it usually happens real fast and real close to draft...and usually involves what helps their future career so dont kid yourself, Day will say whatever needed right now to better his career.