View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
No, I'd like to see the players accept what is a very fair deal that's on the table now, continue to make millions playing a game, keep traveling in private jets, staying in 5 star hotels, playing against the best talent in the world in front of passionate fans in mostly state-of-the-art arenas around the U.S. and Canada, and retiring with pension benefits and employment opportunities as coaches, scouts, player development coaches, etc. That is my hope. We have 15 days.

If that does not happen, I wish them well making hundreds of thousands playing in older arenas scattered around Russia, the Czech Republic, Finland, Austria and Sweden, wearing uniforms that look like subway billboards, traveling by bus, staying in Best Western hotels, eating team meals at truckstops, playing against AHL level talent, with no retirement benefits and only insurance that they pay for themselves out of their huge salaries.
Is this the latest proposal from the league? Nah, just kiddin. That is just the unspoken goal.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote