View Single Post
12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
yeah I read his biography...

"Tyler Myers played hockey in Texas, but didnt know how to skate. He didnt understand what a stick was and how to move the puck. Before leaving to Canada with his family, Tyler was only 3'8 inches and was considered a circus freak. But the moment he crossed the border, Tyler grew to nearly 6'6 inches, had a 90mph slap shot, skated like the wind, and clearly knew what a stick was...his catch phrase also changed instantly from "ya'll" to "take off eh".... something like that I suppose??

Tyler Myers was an all-star player before he even skated in Canada. He was an excellent athlete prior to that as well, and assuming he wouldnt of continued to play hockey is silly as well. Tell that to Chris Brown, Colin Jacobs, Stefan Noesen, etc...all different amount of years in Texas, but all doing okay playing hockey...
Born in Houston, Texas, Myers moved to Calgary with his father and stepmother when he was 10 years old. He has dual citizenship but made the decision a few years ago that he would represent Canada internationally. It wasn't a decision he took lightly, given the career-long implications, not to mention that he'll have a lot more competition from other Canadian players to make future Olympic or World Cup teams.

"I didn't base my decision on what team was going to be easier to make or what teams could give me opportunities in the future," Myers said. "I just felt that had I not moved to Canada, I would not be where I am today. I feel like I owe Canada a lot. It's such a big hockey country. I honestly do believe I'd be playing a different sport had I stayed in Texas."

Feel free to continue being ridiculous and ignoring player quotes, though.