View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 04:47 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, but this whole ''debate'' started by saying cardio is the most important aspect of training, not nutrition. I said nutrition is the most important aspect, by far, about 80% ahead. For some reason, you argued against it without realizing you actually agreed with me.
You keep talking about controlled portions and reaching your caloric requirements. That is what nutrition is. You said you can eat junk food and still get gains (hinting that cardio is what will make you lose weight, not nutrition). I said sure, but it has to be a very limited amount of junk food throughout your week.

Basically, eat well, cheat once in a while during the week. That is the key. Then comes the exercises.

He meant 2000+.

Well actually no. You are no longer just talking about calories, now you're talking about insufficient macros. Your ice cream sandwich will bring you close to no protein and fat, or very little, but have plenty of carbs. A chicken sandwich will be a more well balanced meal.

Moral of the story, junk food is not the epitome of evil for food. That's grossly exaggerated, however, it doesn't mean eating donuts in the morning, pizza for lunch and KFC at night, is good. You need your macros in line. At that point, sure, if you want to respect your calorie requirements by eating fast food alone, it won't change much. If we bring up the health issue, then it's a whole other story.

No one is suggesting eating fast food alone or sugessting that it is an excellent measure towards great health. What I am saying, is that if you're within your caloric range, with proper protein requirements and lifting, it won't make a substantial difference on gains and it won't. Obviously it's unsustainable to eat complete takeout and stay within those ranges and most importantly remain healthy.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote