View Single Post
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
The owners are already planning on playing this whole mess out again. Just as soon as whatever deal they sign is expired they will lockout again and cry poor. The only way this pattern is broken is if this lockout is made to hurt the owners in a meaningful way. Killing the salary cap would be an excellent start.
I would love to see this explained. Honestly, and I try very hard not to be condescending in my replies to people, but the above is a pretty outlandish comment.

It is a verifiable fact that more than half of the NHL teams are doing no better than breaking even. Couple that with the situations in Atlanta, Phoenix, Long Island, Dallas, etc I think it's pretty clear that the NHL is not 'healthy'.

You are basically proposing the players bite the hand that feeds them. Also, I hate to tell you this but the owners are simply going to pass that along to us the fans. Those players trying to convince you the owners are evil and they deserve more money? They are essentially taking it directly out of your pocket.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote