View Single Post
12-21-2012, 05:07 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
If I believe in what nonsense exactly?? I presented facts to support my claim that some football players are more successful in adapting to different styles of play/rules. Obviously, the NFL in general, consists of more talented athletes (Calvin Johnson would tear the league to shreds no doubt) but it doesn't change the fact that a few of these CFLers have as much talent as some of the top-end guys in the NFL.

You can't really compare the AHL to the CFL because it actually follows the same rules as the NHL (as opposed to the CFL in relation to the NFL). CFLers are smaller than NFLers, whereas AHLers are pretty much the same size as NHLers. CFLers are generally fairly old, so they are not as likely to get a shot with an NFL team as much as young AHLers are likely to get a shot in the NHL.
Anyway, no matter which way you cut it, the CFL is the second highest level of grid-iron football in the world.

You might not be a Torontonian but you are every bit as ignorant and as much of an American wannabe as all of them.
And you're a typical "Western" hipster who thinks it's so uber cool to hate Toronto, am I right?

Originally Posted by Bionda View Post
All Canadians eventually resort to the "American-wannabe" tag. What the hell does that even mean?

It is a large city that boasts a diverse population, and tastes are diverse as a result.
If liking different sports alongside the CFL and hockey makes me more "American" relative to whatever insular outpost you live in, then so be it

I guess loving the city you're from is a sign of arrogance (if you're from Toronto that is), but every other urban centre in this country can beat their chests (civic pride is okay in this case)
These people have nothing better to do, seriously. Get over the inferiority complex.

Originally Posted by Ryan34222 View Post
wasnt talkin about Leafs sir and the bolded seems a bit high, but still very poor since Leafs STH are forced to buy Raptors tickets. and also very poor since you are in what the 4th largest market? isnt that what Torontonians like to beat their chest about..

NFL would be the same.. in like a Lion out like a lamb.. then all the excuses will start team sucks, stadiums bad or in bad area etc etc
Don't care if you weren't, I included the Raptors. And sweet backtracking bro, you were the one who said bottom half of each league, and then when I give you the actual number and prove you wrong, you shift your goal posts. Keep it up.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote