View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 05:21 PM
AmericanDream
Gold or Bust!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
How would you prove that's the case then? I'd love to see something other than your own opinion saying "Americans are not worth CHL's time"

Even KHL teams draft north american players in their entry drafts. It is totally up to the players to decide where he feels he'd get more developed.

Seth Jones had the option of going to NCAA, but he chose the CHL because he feels it would benefit him the most. Before you dish out the bribery stuff from the Winterhawks, his dad is Popeye Jones, a former NBA player, money is not an issued for him especially since he would've got a full ride anyways.
how else do you want me to prove it... there has been numerous highly skilled US kids that have played in the CHL and none have ever gotten exceptional status. who knows if any of them ever asked like a Mike Modano, or Pat Lafontaine, but you have never seen a US kid get an exceptional status tag.

As for your 2nd-3rd point, I am not sure what you want me to say about that. I believe the CHL is a great place for players and I never said that US players shouldnt go there. There is a difference between allowing a US kid exceptional status and just having very good US players..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote