View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
shello
@WShello9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
hasnt been any chatter on the issue...ever.

thats why it is odd all of a sudden that he states he is 100% Canadian, when nothing was ever talked prior.

As one of the likely 1-2 full time posters in the US that actually gets to see this kid play, we have never heard a sniff about him representing Canada, it has always been assumed he will play for the US...(people always though his folks got citizenship)

Just saw a bunch of games for the HPHL Showcase in Detroit and back here in Dundee IL...still havent heard anything about Day playing for Canada outside of Twitter or whatever site that was on..
It's not all of a sudden it's been stated many times before earlier this season if not before on the OHL board and amoung scouts. It wasn't some site it was Day himself and his parents that said he will represent Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
how else do you want me to prove it... there has been numerous highly skilled US kids that have played in the CHL and none have ever gotten exceptional status. who knows if any of them ever asked like a Mike Modano, or Pat Lafontaine, but you have never seen a US kid get an exceptional status tag.

As for your 2nd-3rd point, I am not sure what you want me to say about that. I believe the CHL is a great place for players and I never said that US players shouldnt go there. There is a difference between allowing a US kid exceptional status and just having very good US players..
You clearly didn't read my post earlier or else you wouldn't have said this..
The rule was made in 06 for Tavares, there was no rule or else Crosby would've gotten it. Before when Modano and etc played you could only lay as a underager if your hometown OHL team allowed you too for them. Then you went in the draft after that one season. There honestly has not been a american good enough recently to get exceptional status, thats why you dont see any. They didnt apply because theyre not good enough, when one comes around and applies, they'll get it.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote