View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Well the professional leagues are changing overtime rules. NFL you can't really give away "loser points" but it's pretty fair to give each team a point if they battle through.

You can argue extending it to two overtimes before they reach a point, that's all I see there. Teams shouldn't have to fight through multiple overtimes to get the win. Shootouts are "skill contests" but provide a quick result for the most part.
My solution is for teams to play 10 minute 4 on 4 OT and if neither team wins and it ends in a tie neither team gets any points. In this solution I submit that teams will be forced to play to win which will result in fast paced exciting hockey. Teams will have nothing to gain by playing for the Loser Point, which both teams get.

I also suggest that there will be less games that even reach OT as team will be trying to win in regulation cuz there is no Loser Point to gain by being tied after 60 minutes.

The 10 minute OT also won't take much longer than The Gimmick does and in fact would probably resolve games even quicker in most games.

Preisst is offline   Reply With Quote