Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 05:41 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
Coach Ryan has rightfully resisted the temptation of the "short fix" as he rebuilds the flag ship of men's hockey for a run at the AUS championship,MEDIOCRACY is not his plan.

He (Ryan's EXPRESS ) has been wisely rebuilding under" many" handicaps and has used none of it as an excuse, a tribute to a fine man who is doing a fine job.

Recruiting student athletes with FULL eligibility in tact speaks to his understanding and integrity with respect to University Athletics,very,very laudable. His handling of some delicate situations has demonstrated this in spades.

The eventual additions of some top six snipers will complete his rebuilding plan and have the Tommies where they belong ie competing strongly for an AUS championship.

ALL ABOARD the" RYAN's EXPRESS",

GO TOMMIES GO

RANTFATHER
I would like to echo Rantfather's sentiment here. Coach Ryan has put a ton of effort into turning around the Tommies and considering the mess the program seemed to be in, is doing a good job. I don't know what people expected of Troy but it seems to be a tad unreasonable to expect him to have a contender after 1 season, 2 seasons, or even 3 seasons. It would be one thing if he only had to fix the on ice product but he has had to reach out to the community, fans, supporters, alumni, and a host of other people to correct things that were completely ignored for far too long. Was every fan upset? No. Was every alumni upset? No. But there was a ground swell of discontentment that hasn't completely been fixed. Ryan has said publicly that he has had to resist the temptation of trying the "fast fixes" for a slow and consistent rebuild. I can't image the pressure that is being heaped on him from every angle. Kudos to him for sticking to his guns and doing the rebuild the way he wants to do it and probably the way it needs to be done.

I expect results and feel that Coach Ryan will deliver them. For the record, I am completely ready to stick my neck out and say I believe in what Coach Ryan is doing and will be patient for expected positive outcomes.