Old
12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
The Flames are not very good at trades.

I agree that the Flames "haven't" been good at trades in the past. Daryl Sutter did some great things for this organization (Kipper for a 2nd, resigning Iginla, etc), but he also made some horrendous moves that have crippled this franchise.

Under the new direction/leadership of Feaster we haven't had enough of a sample size to decide. I would conclude based off of the limited evidence that the Flames have improved in the trade department.

The Regehr for Butler and the Cammy for Borque trades IMO have the Flames coming out the clear winners. It's easy to associate the Sutter era with the Feaster era. I've been guilty of it too.

We have seen (again, IMO) very positive changes under Feaster in terms of trades and drafting. However signing UFA's is definitely in question. All in all, I would change the above quote to "The Flames have made very poor trades in the past, but under new leadership, have been moving in the right direction"

Note: I don't think the Flames were the clear winners in the Reggie trade, but I don't think they lost it either.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote