View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I think Maatta will be an NHL'er. Where he will slot in is yet to be seen. I think his low-range projection is a guy who is a little better than Brian Strait, which still represents an NHL'er, IMO.

I think Maatta is a better version of Simon Despres (no, that does not mean Maatta is a future Norris winner, because some here think Despres is the next Jesus).

I think they play a similar two-way kind of game, and both make some mistakes & questionable decisions. But I think Maatta makes fewer mistakes overall, has better overall offensive potential, and is more likely to reach his potential than Despres, IMO. So I think his presence in our organization (now along with Dumoulin) renders Despres expendible.

If I had to choose two out of the 3, I would choose Maatta & Dumoulin; so considering all the other guys we have in the organization (Morrow, Harrington, Pouliot, even Niskanen, who is still young and likes to play the left side), I just see him as the most expendible of our D prospects...if everything continues to progress as I see it.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote